What is Contemplative Life Coaching?
Have any of these thoughts ever crossed your mind?
- Why can’t I attain my goals?
- Why am I dissatisfied even when I do attain my goals?
- How can I manage my anger (sadness, depression, cravings)?
- How can I learn to really relax?
- I need a big change
- Is this all there is in life?
- What’s the point when the planet is going to hell in a handbasket. Why bother?
Or maybe you are working with something more acute, like a recent divorce, death in the family, or an accident, or even just an ongoing sense of meaninglessness.
Coaching can have very powerful results when four factors are present:
- If you have a strong motivation to look honestly at your present situation
- If you notice a gaping hole between where you are now, and where you would like to be
- If you are open, ready and willing to make the necessary shifts to get to where you want to be
- If you are willing to take action to achieve your desired results
Life coaching is really about turning the mind from a reactive (or sleeping) mechanism into a creative tool in your life. Contemplative life coaching is about using awareness practices like yoga and meditation to inform your choices. So part of your commitment to this work is a willingness to maintain a daily mindfulness practice. I work 1-on-1 in person or by phone or Skype with coaching clients. All of the sessions will include “homework”, essentially practices to observe during the week between sessions. Mindfulness and awareness practices are the foundation to create the changes you want in your career, relationships and life.
Together we’ll create a map of where you want to go, then I’ll provide an ongoing support and accountability to help you fulfill your goals in your personal and professional life.
Phone coaching vs. In-person Coaching
Why coaching can be more efficient over the phone or Skype…
- Practicality. You may not be able to come to New Life Foundation in Chiang Rai, Thailand to work with me. This is no problem, as we can work just as well together on the phone or over Skype.
- Efficiency. You can attend your session from your office or conference room at work, or at home, or even while traveling. Given that most of us these days are extremely busy, this small detail can be a literal life saver. It also means you have one less excuse to avoid pursuing your dreams.
- Anonymity. Some people tend to open up more easily when they are not face to face with someone. If you have sensitive issues to discuss, you may find this anonymity gives you the freedom to be a bit more open about your situation and what is going on. Also, all of our conversations will be completely confidential.
Contact me to set up a free 30 minute initial consultation: email@example.com